Learn through experimentation
Life is a learning path that in order to be able to carry it we must live it. Basically since we will never learn from the experience of others. Only through our experiences, making and accepting mistakes, we can draw our own conclusions to move forward.
Curiosity is important
That is why the experience itself is what teaches us how to train as people. Learning to move forward and grow is the key to overcoming the different obstacles that may arise throughout life.
In short, living is experiencing. It is part of the human essence and our instinct of curiosity.
What is learning?
To understand the importance of experimentation, it is necessary to know what learning is. Well, learning is the process of acquiring knowledge, skills, values and attitudes. These are obtained through study, teaching and personal growth. As a result of experience, instruction, reasoning and observation.
This is one of the most important mental functions, whether in humans, animals or artificial systems. Various factors intervene, ranging from the place where the human being develops to the principles implemented in the family.
Learning is related to education and personal development. Generally, better results are obtained when the student is motivated. That is when you feel like learning and strives for it. The qual to carry out this process uses memory and attention span.
What types of learning exist?
There are several types of learning and it is interesting to know them. Among the main types of learning we can find:
- Receptive learning: Those activities in which the learning subject should only understand and understand the content and then reproduce it, without having any kind of personal discovery.
- Learning by discovery: In this type of learning, the subject does not receive the information passively. If not you discover the concepts and relationships by your own cognitive abilities.
- Repetitive learning: This occurs when the individual who is receiving the information memorizes the class without understanding it, that is, he learned the class at face value instead of understanding it.
- Meaningful learning: It is the type of learning that arises when the individual who is receiving information and orders it. Since with the previous knowledge acquired it can make sense according to your learning.
- Observational learning: It is carried out when an individual observes the behavior of another subject called a model.
- Latent learning: In this one an individual acquires new behaviors that remain hidden until an incentive is offered. Many times when you have learned a language and travel to the relevant country the incentive to practice it is much greater than in your hometown.
- Trial and error learning: It is carried out when a response to a problem is tested several times as necessary until the correct solution is found.
- Dialogic learning: It is developed through dialogue and this can occur in any situation of the educational environment.
The original way of the human being to learn is experimentation. This form arises through the need to find a solution to various problems that may arise. That is why numerous studies affirm that any experience suffered in childhood leaves a mark. And over time this footprint becomes an apprenticeship.
That is why children must generate their own knowledge through their own experiences and emotions. In this way they will obtain meaningful knowledge that will last over the years.
There are several experiments that children can undergo to affirm their learning. Among them are:
Plant life: in this activity the students will observe the vital processes of the plants. Through experiments with real plants, in which they can see how they feed, breathe and how they react to external stimuli.
Invisible ink: it is an experiment designed so that students understand the process of chemical reactions and how they work. This promotes the capacity of observation and individual analysis of each of them.
Hunting clouds: an activity in order for students to identify and recognize the different clouds, where they occur and which meteorological phenomena are usually associated through clouds.
Terrestrial magnetism: you sew in a fun way to create a compass, this is responsible for strengthening the development of creative ability, knowing the magnetic field and its poles directly.
Fun chemical experiments to do in family:
Dancing worms: a fun experiment for children in chemistry that is produced by warm water and vinegar these together create an effervescent force that manages to raise some gummy worms to the surface.
Crystal letters: children learn how borax settles in pipe cleaners (elongated brushes) because of the chemical reaction between water and water, causing a crystallization effect.
Liquid rainbow: an experiment where children can identify how the heaviest elements are left in the bottom of a jar full of liquids. And the light ones remain on the surface and as they do not mix giving a rainbow effect.
Importance of experimenting to have a comprehensive vision
Train human beings with an integral vision promoting the development of skills with scientific thoughts in children. As well as questioning and reflecting on natural phenomena by investigating the causes that generate them.
All this will help you become an analytical, objective and critical being, capable of making your own conclusions and hypotheses through the information in your hands.
Experiencing is part of the life of all human beings. Through it we can solve the different problems that may arise in an objective analytical way. Since this will help us define ourselves as people.
Experience is the best way of teaching for life and education. That is why children must undergo various tests that prove their reasoning and ability to analyze, to give solutions to various circumstances. In this way their knowledge will be more accurate when learning with their classmates.